Thursday, April 29, 2010

My Mum, an early mother's day


I know I'm a little early for mother's day but behold the vision above! my mother! this is one of my favourite photos of her, the milk maid shirt, that teeny tiny waist, that perm and those adorable dimples ...

I'm ashamed to admit that as a naive child and arrogant adolescent, I perceived my mother to be reserved, somewhat enigmatic, as delicate as the carnation she holds in this photo and tended to treat her as such. but now, older, a little wiser, and closer to my mother than ever before, I see through what I mistook to be aloofness and have come to know the woman who was there all along, a woman of strength, courage, passion, unwavering love and support. a woman who worked ceaselessly to singlehandedly raise, protect and nuture her three children through incredibly difficult times. a woman who isn't afraid to be who she is and is unapologetic for it.

I am incredibly proud of my mum and love her more than words could say.

No comments:

Post a Comment