Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Today





Today I'm 25.  I'm theoretically quarter life,  and no longer 'post teen'. Today I am at a 'firmly in your twenties' age.  

Today my Grandma was cremated. I only realised at 2pm and it made me feel really sad. We'll take her ashes to be with my Granddad's. She looked so nice at her funeral. They didn't do her up too much. 

Today is 18 days till I move to Japan. I am so nervous and excited. I dream about Japan a lot.

 It's been such a strange day. I had office colleagues awkwardly sing me happy birthday and I got so embarrassed I turned and faced the door slightly. 

Chocolates were left on my desk and I got lots of kisses and hugs from my friends at lunch and tonight they're coming for dinner so we can drink wine and eat good food cooked by my boyfriend who is better than me in the kitchen although I don't like to admit that. 

It's been a nice day. Birthdays make you feel like putting on your shiniest pair of shoes or a ribbon in your hair. If today was a song it would be 'new slang' by the shins. I think that's the only way i can fully explain it.

No comments:

Post a Comment