Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Nostalgia




 I had a terrible restlessness when I was in New Zealand. I had to get out. The world was happening and I was missing it. Of course, predictably, now I am filled with a sweet nostalgic longing for New Zealand. Sun drenched pictures of friends on porches drinking wine and looking happy are appearing on my newsfeed and I'm feeling pangs of homesickness. I am returning in April for my brothers wedding and I'm already dreaming about it at night. It will be so strange to 'holiday' in my home country. 

I really love Derek Henderson's pictures of New Zealand. It captures life beyond the big cities, reminding me of my childhood in small town New Zealand. I saw Derek speak at semi permanent a few years back and had a chance to talk to him at the after party. He is a super nice chilled out guy and also does great shoots for Russh. You can check out his website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment