Sunday, March 14, 2010

Cousteau/Zissou

I was recently flicking through my copy of 'The Ocean World' by Jacques Cousteau. It had been sitting at the bottom of my book pile collecting dust when suddenly I felt overwhelming pangs of admiration and love for such an amazing man. I decided I needed to revisit the ocean adventure promptly.  Captain Cousteau was a pioneer, explorer and innovator dedicating his life to the sea, and all forms of life in the water. His popularity was re boosted in '04 with Wes Andersons charming and offbeat parody/dedication to him in 'The Life Aquatic'. I desperately wish that Cousteau was my uncle, David Attenborough was my grandfather, and together we could launch out on fantastical expeditions encountering near extinct bugs, traipsing through rain forests, sailing on remote and unknown seas and generally having a jolly good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment