Monday, March 22, 2010

Guilty pleasure

South Korea having been my home for over the last year now, it would be rude not to put a post up in it's honor, and it was only ever going to be a matter of time before I succumbed to the masses and developed an infatuation with K-Pop. I can't help it, they're like train wrecks, I can't tear my eyes away from fascination. Groups of carefully planned, picked and executed all singing, all dancing, all acting young entertainers (most of whom are often still in school themselves). The hair! The eyeliner! The over styling! The INTENSITY! Youth culture here is based entirely on two things; pop idols and computer games, you can't walk down the street, turn on the tv, go into a store, or hear a mobile ring tone without your ears or eyes being assailed by the latest K-Pop sensation.

Read more to indulge in some of my favourite K-Pop boy band viewing.







Yes, you guessed it, this is actually a tv ad simultaneously introducing the latest Corby cellphone and the hottest new boy group. mind blowing.


when did having just 4 group members not become enough?








This is also a tv ad introducing the newest phone and introducing 2NE1, bought to you by Big Bang, my kids in class continued to sing this song for MONTHS.

No comments:

Post a Comment