Monday, February 7, 2011

Block


I am facing a bit of a block at the moment.  Every time I pick up the pen I have a feeling of pure exasperation. There are all these thoughts and ideas banging around in my head but they won't work I paper. I bought myself a new set of inky pens in the weekend as a special treat.  Trying to appreciate the bright spots seems to help a lot. Each night when I go to sleep if I lie very still I can hear my neighbor laughing. He is alway's cracking up. There must be something he really enjoys on television, I don't know what it is but I do enjoy listening to him laugh! A bit creepy no? What I find to be helpful is an excellent playlist, one to suit the exact mood I'm in.  Here is what I've had on repeat for the last week, it's a bit eclectic.


Running through the night - Tiny Ruins
OKVW - Jeru the Damaga
On the beach - Neil Young
Talkin' my shit - Brother Ali
The only living boy in New York - Simon and Garfunkel
Work - Gangstarr
Song for Dennis Brown - The Mountain Goats
Tyrant destroyer - Twin Shadow

No comments:

Post a Comment