Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Winter wonderland




Where I live has transformed into something of a winter wonderland. We had a snow festival this weekend and although it was very very cold it was so beautiful and exciting to see. People in my town carved snow lanterns all week in preparation and I was lucky enough to be able to help. I have been making a lot of spiced mulled wine to try and help me through the winter days as well as spending excessive amounts of time beneath the warmth of my kotatsu (a low wooden heated table). My friends and I have been eating a lot of gyoza, ramen and okonomiyaki to try and keep warm, so delicious. Speaking of food, I am teaching a class of twenty Japanese people how to make a very simple Indian curry this weekend. I am very nervous but I'm sure it will be a fun experience! 

No comments:

Post a Comment