Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Yippppeeeeee

Today is the first day of 2011 where the roads are clear enough to ride bicycles. I was so excited this morning I was literally hopping around my tatami room like a crazy person. My poor mamachari has been gathering dust in storage but thankfully this is no longer! 

Before I came to Japan I could barely ride a bike and wibble wobbled all over the show, much to the amusement of pedestrians and motorists. As the months progressed I slowly became better and now I am a bonafide mamachari enthusiast. My fire engine red two wheeled wonder is the apple of my eye.

  Throughout the snowy days there has been the odd madman (and women) who has braved icy snowy streets on their bicycles but generally people look on in horror and wonder. The ice is so slippery it's really not a good idea. Now the snow has all melted, the blossoms are around the corner and the mamacharis are out! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment