Monday, May 17, 2010

Home sweet home?


I am soon to be moving to Yamagata, Japan. Home of:

-ski fields
-hot springs
-apartments
-pot plants
-cherrry blossoms
-seasides
-snow monsters
-extreme weather
-limited English
- the movie Departures
-whiskey consumption
-personal karaoke machines 
-pagodas
-human chess

I can't begin imagining what this is going to be like. All I know is that is quite possibly the polar opposite of my current home. The information I have come across is fragmented and mysterious providing only a vague notion of what I am about to encounter. Strange snippets of knowledge are precious gems e.g. 'Yamagata has the highest national height for second year high school girls measuring in at 1.56cm'. Adventure awaits, and, for the first time in my life I am going to feel tall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment